Who stands behind FlavaPulse
Born from the commitment to foster a better agri-food system.
FlavaPulse is processing yellow peas to produce native pea ingredients. We were born from the commitment to foster a better agri-food system through a carbon neutral approach, and strong ethical principles. We also have a strong commitment in innovative technologies and R&D.
We responsibly source our peas and sustainably produce our protein concentrate, flour and fiber in the European Union. We build trusted partnerships with formulators of plant based ingredients and food manufacturers. We help them create natural, healthy, authentic foods.
Who We Are
We are sustainability-obsessed, innovation-led and down-to-earth. And we walk our talk.
First discussions about processing pulses
We discovered the dry processing technology and decided that the project needs to be studied in details.
Selection of equipment
Analysis of performances and energy consumption of several technologies in the dry processing sector.
Land plot purchase in Northeastern Bulgaria.
Incorporation of FlavaPulse
The business plan was completed and the search for investors began.
Signed shareholders’ agreement
9 investors agreed on the amount of the equity and the terms of the shareholders’ agreement. The shareholders are from Switzerland, France, USA and Bulgaria. Most of them have a background in trading agricultural commodities.
Signed bank credit
The financing of the required CAPEX and OPEX was completed.
Long term R&D partnership
A 5 years contract was signed with IMPROVE for developing and implementing innovative technologies.
Start of construction
The construction of the silos, the production building and the administration are expected to be completed in September.
Installation of equipment
Projected start of assemby of the equipment of the cleaning, de-hulling, micronization and air classification modules.
First processing line
Commissioning and certification of the first processing line and projected start of production.
Second processing line
Investment in a second processing line.
Meet the Team
Meet the team of experts in the agrifood industry that will help you achieve your best outcomes!
FlavaPulse’s management team has a solid track record in agribusiness, both regionally and worldwide. We are also supported by a very experienced advisory board.
• 12 years as a trader in one of the world’s four largest agribusinesses (France and USA).
• 17 years as Co-founder and Executive Director of Vitagrain BG, a Bulgarian company specialized in the origination, storage, transportation and shipping of grains and oilseeds
• Since March 2021, fully dedicated to FlavaPulse
• 4 years experience in sales, supplier relations, strategy development (feed factories, Bulgaria)
• M.A. in Business Management from the University of Economics in Varna, Bulgaria
• General Manager/Founder of CommoSupply (commodities procurement and trading advisory based in Geneva, Switzerland)
• 12 years as a senior global trader with one of the world’s four largest agribusinesses
• Serial investor
• Founder of TELUS International, a multilingual provider of digitally-enabled customer experience and IT solutions
• PWC; Cora France; ACCA certification (UK)
Where we are
Our plant is located in the north eastern part of Bulgaria, in the town of Shumen. We are perfectly located for originating peas from farmers in Bulgaria and Romania.
We have an office in Varna for managing the project development and the commercial operations.